Perspective view of AMCC Permanent Campus
Bangladesh Army felt the necessity of possessing a group of energetic, motivated, and dedicated young professionals to lead the health sector in the 21st century. With this view, Army Medical College Chattogram (AMCC) was established at its temporary location in Combined Military Hospital Chattogram (CMHC) by a sanction letter from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. AMCC was inaugurated by the honourable Prime Minister of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh on January 10, 2015. The College started its academic journey on January 11, 2015, with 50 students and 13 faculty members. Location for Permanent College Campus has also been selected at Khillapara beside BMA-Hathazari link road and the construction of the Permanent Campus is in progress.
To transform the college into a world-class knowledge enterprise that would promote a very high level of educational excellence. The college envisages developing an Educational Center of Excellence in the areas of biomedical science at par with international standards for meeting the fast-growing national health care needs of Bangladesh and Bangladesh Army as well.
The mission of AMCC is to train specially selected students for five academic years according to the syllabus laid down by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BM&DC) for the MBBS degree to be awarded by the University of Professionals (BUP).
The objectives of AMCC are:
- To teach medical sciences traditionally required medical graduates to meet the responsibilities of providing preventive as well as curative health care to the people of Bangladesh.
- To produce well-disciplined, self-motivated, and dedicated doctors with kindness, patience, compassion, and devotion to duty.
- To impart those physical and psychological traits which are required to turn each student into a highly disciplined, physically and mentally fit, morally and ethically upright and professionally dedicated medical graduate capable of providing health care services in the adverse physical and psychosocial environment both in and outside the country.
- To inspire the development of essential character qualities, a strong sense of righteousness, and a basic desire to serve the suffering humanity.
- To prepare and inspire MBBS graduates for joining National Health Service and Bangladesh Army Medical Corps.
The AMCC has been accredited by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC). The college is affiliated with the Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP) which confers degree to graduate doctors. The first batch of the college (2014-2015 session) has successfully completed their MBBS program in January 2020. Subsequent to the first batch every year 50 students are admitted into AMCC.
Integrity: Highest ethical and moral responsibility
Discipline: Firm discipline in all activities
Creativity: Creativity in all spheres
Commitment: Leadership quality in medical education and health care.